Search on Google: What Should a Husband Know and Do When Confronting Alimony and Spousal Support Obligations in a District Court Case in Chandigarh?
1. I have been married for 15 years and we have two children aged 13 and 10. My wife is a homemaker and I work in an IT firm earning approximately Rs. 1.5 lakh per month. We have decided to part ways due to irreconcilable differences. What would be my alimony obligations under the law in Chandigarh?
2. We own a house in Chandigarh which is registered under both our names. How will this property be divided in the event of a divorce and will it affect my spousal support obligations?
3. My wife has never worked during our marriage and has no source of income. If she decides to start working after the divorce, will my alimony payments be reduced or terminated?
4. I have a few assets that were inherited from my parents. Will these assets be considered when calculating alimony and spousal support?
5. What factors does the Chandigarh District Court consider when determining the amount of alimony and spousal support?