Search on Google: Seeking Harmony in Discord: How Can I Use Arbitration and Mediation in Family Disputes?
1. My husband and I have been having recurrent disputes over financial matters, child custody, and splitting of assets. Can you explain how arbitration can be used in our situation and how it differs from traditional litigation?
2. If we decide to go for mediation instead of arbitration, who would typically serve as the mediator? Would it be better if this person were a lawyer, or could a non-legal professional also be effective?
3. Our children are showing signs of stress due to our ongoing disagreements. Is there a way to involve them in the mediation process so that their voices can be heard, or is it best to keep them separate from these matters?
4. In an arbitration scenario, how binding would the arbitrator’s decision be? Would there be any room for appeal or modification if either party is dissatisfied with the outcome?
5. How confidential are the proceedings in both arbitration and mediation? We are concerned about maintaining privacy, especially considering the involvement of our children.
6. Can you provide an estimate of the time frame for both processes? We’d like to resolve these issues as quickly as possible to minimize the impact on our children.