Search on Google: Seeking Guidance: What Legal Advice Should a Wife Pursue from a Lawyer When Initiating Contested Divorce Proceedings in Chandigarh District Court?
My husband and I have been married for 10 years, but over the last few years, our relationship has deteriorated significantly. Despite attempts at reconciliation, we have been unsuccessful in resolving our differences. We both reside in Chandigarh and have two minor children aged 7 and 5. We also own a property jointly. I am considering initiating contested divorce proceedings in Chandigarh District Court but need some legal advice.
1. What is the procedure for filing a contested divorce in Chandigarh District Court, and how long does it usually take?
2. What are the grounds for divorce that I can cite in my petition?
3. How can I ensure that I retain custody of my children? What factors does the court consider when deciding on child custody?
4. How is the division of property generally handled in contested divorce cases? Will I be entitled to a share of our joint property, and if so, how will it be calculated?
6. Are there any specific documents or evidences that I should start gathering now to strengthen my case?