Search on Google: Navigating the Legal Labyrinth: What Should a Husband Know About Property Distribution Petitions in Matrimonial Disputes While Defending Himself in the District Court of Mohali?
1. My wife has filed a property distribution petition claiming a share in my inherited property. Is she legally entitled to a portion of my ancestral property in Mohali under the Hindu Succession Act?
2. I have some properties in my name that were purchased before our marriage. Will these be considered in the property distribution process? If yes, can I take any legal steps to protect my pre-marital assets from being divided?
3. We have a joint property that we purchased after our marriage. How is the division of this property typically handled in matrimonial disputes? Is there a way I can keep this property intact?
4. Is there any legal provision that allows me to retain the custody of our minor child and the house for the child’s upbringing, considering the best interest of the child?
5. I have made some investments in mutual funds and stocks during our marriage. Are these considered marital assets and subject to distribution?
6. My wife has made allegations of domestic violence which are completely false. How can these allegations impact the property distribution process and what can I do to defend myself against these false claims?