Search on Google: How Should I Navigate International Family Law Conflicts as an NRI Wife Seeking Legal Redress in Mohali District Court?
1. In my case, I am a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) wife seeking to file a divorce in Mohali District Court. However, my husband and I got married in the United States. Does the court in Mohali have jurisdiction over our divorce proceedings?
2. We have a child who is currently residing with me in the United States. If I were to initiate divorce proceedings in Mohali, how would the court handle custody matters? What laws would they apply – Indian or American?
3. My husband has acquired significant assets in India during our marriage. In case of a divorce, what laws would apply for division of property? Would it be possible to claim a share of these assets under Indian law?
4. I am currently residing in the United States and may not be able to travel frequently to India for court proceedings. Is there a provision for me to attend court hearings remotely or through a legal representative?
5. If the divorce is granted by the Mohali District Court, will it be recognized and enforceable in the United States?
6. Are there any specific legal provisions or protections for NRI wives in Indian law that I should be aware of while seeking legal redress in Mohali District Court?