Search on Google: How Can I Navigate the Complexities of Alimony Obligations in Mohali’s District Court? A Husband’s Guide to Seeking Legal Remedy
1. After my wife and I separated, she has been living separately for the past two years in Mohali and I am currently residing in Delhi. We have not yet filed for divorce, but she is demanding alimony. Can she legally claim alimony without filing for a divorce, and what are the factors that the Mohali District Court will consider while deciding the alimony amount?
2. We have a joint property in Mohali. How will this affect my alimony obligations? If I transfer my share of the property to her, can this be considered as part of the alimony?
3. We have two children and they are currently staying with her. How will the child custody issue impact my alimony payments? Is there a possibility that I may have to pay both child support and alimony?
5. Is it possible for me to contest her alimony claim? What kind of evidence or circumstances can help me in reducing or denying the alimony?
6. If I lose my job or face a significant reduction in income, how will it affect my alimony obligations? Can I request the court for a reduction in the alimony amount under such circumstances?