Search on Google: How Can I Navigate Inheritance and Succession Disputes with My Husband in Mohali District Court? A Wife’s Guide to Seeking Legal Remedies
1. My husband and I are currently in a dispute over his late father’s property in Mohali. Despite being married for 15 years, my husband is insistent that the entire inheritance belongs to him and his siblings, excluding me. Is there a legal provision in Indian law that entitles a wife to a share in her husband’s inheritance?
2. My husband’s family has a history of property disputes and conflicts. In order to safeguard my interests and those of our minor children, I wish to know what legal steps I can take to ensure we receive our rightful share in the inherited property. Can you guide me on this?
3. The property in question is currently registered under my late father-in-law’s name. However, my husband and his siblings are planning to transfer the property into their names without including me. Is this legal? If not, what can I do to prevent this from happening?
4. I have come to know that my husband is planning to sell off a part of the inherited property without my consent. As his wife, do I have any legal rights to stop this sale or at least ensure that the proceeds are divided fairly?
5. In case of a disagreement over the division of the inherited property, is it possible for me to file a case in Mohali District Court? If so, what would be the process and what kind of documentation would I need?
6. If the dispute escalates and my husband decides to evict me from our marital home, which is part of his inheritance, what are my legal rights and how can I protect them?