Search on Google: Guidance Required for Husbands in District Court, Mohali: How to Navigate the Intricacies of Matrimonial Disputes and Paternity Tests?
1. My wife has filed for divorce in the District Court, Mohali, citing irreconcilable differences. I am completely unaware of the court proceedings. Could you please guide me through the process and what I should prepare for?
2. She has also demanded a hefty alimony, which I believe is unfair considering our financial circumstances. How can I contest this in court? Is there a way to negotiate a reasonable settlement?
3. We have a two-year-old son and my wife is seeking sole custody. I want to ensure that I have a fair share in my son’s upbringing. What are my rights as a father and how can I ensure shared custody?
4. My wife also claims that I am not the biological father of our son, which I am certain is not true. She is demanding a paternity test. How does the court view such demands and what are the legal implications if I agree or refuse to take the test?
5. In case the paternity test is carried out and proves that I am indeed the father, can this affect the divorce proceedings or the custody battle in any way?