Search on Google: Exploring Legal Avenues: What Should a Wife Know About Asserting Her Matrimonial Home Rights in a Shared Household in Chandigarh District Court?
1. I have been living in our shared household for the past 15 years, but the property is solely under my husband’s name. Can I still assert my rights to the matrimonial home under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 in Chandigarh District Court?
2. My husband has been threatening to sell our shared household without my consent. As a wife, do I have any legal rights to prevent this sale or at least to claim my share from the proceeds?
4. I have been a homemaker throughout our marriage and do not have any independent source of income. How does this factor affect my rights to the matrimonial home in Chandigarh?
5. My husband has recently transferred the ownership of our shared household to his mother’s name. Can I still assert my rights to the matrimonial home in this scenario?
6. In case of a divorce, will the Chandigarh District Court consider the contributions I made towards household chores and upbringing of our children while deciding on my rights to the matrimonial home?