Search on Google: Can You Help Me Navigate Alimony Obligations? A Husband’s Quest for Legal Guidance in Mohali District Court
1. I have been married for 15 years and we have two children aged 12 and 10. My wife has been a homemaker throughout our marriage. We have decided to separate due to irreconcilable differences. I want to understand how the alimony is calculated in Mohali District Court. What factors are taken into consideration?
2. I own a business, which has been severely impacted by the recent economic downturn. Will the court take my current financial situation into account while determining the alimony amount?
3. My wife has a Master’s degree but she hasn’t worked since we got married. Can her potential to earn be considered while deciding the alimony?
4. We have a jointly owned property in Mohali. How will this property be treated during the divorce proceedings? Can it impact the alimony?
5. Are there any circumstances under which I can request for a revision of the alimony amount in the future? If so, what is the process?
6. I have heard about lump sum alimony payments. Is it possible to opt for this instead of monthly payments? What are its pros and cons?