Search on Google: Can You Guide Me Through the Labyrinth of Contested Divorce Proceedings in Mohali District Court?
1. I have been married for 15 years and we have two children aged 13 and 10. My husband has been abusive, both physically and mentally, for the past five years. I have medical records and witnesses to prove this. I want to file for a contested divorce in Mohali District Court. What are the steps I need to follow?
2. Given the circumstances, I am concerned about my children’s custody. What is the usual protocol for child custody in contested divorce cases? Can I fight for sole custody due to the abusive nature of my husband?
3. My husband owns a successful business and I have been a homemaker throughout our marriage. Am I entitled to any financial support or a share in his business assets during the divorce proceedings?
4. I have evidence of my husband’s infidelity. Will this affect the divorce proceedings in any way? Can it be used in my favor during the proceedings?
5. How long do contested divorce cases typically take in Mohali District Court? Is there any way to expedite the process?
6. Lastly, what are my rights during this process and how can I ensure they are not violated?