Search on Google: Can I Seek Arbitration and Mediation in Family Disputes? A Chandigarh Wife’s Guide to Pursuing Legal Remedies in District Court
1. I have been married for ten years and we have two children. Recently, my husband has started to become increasingly abusive, both verbally and physically. Can I seek arbitration or mediation in this scenario, or is it advisable to directly opt for a divorce?
2. We have a joint property in Chandigarh, which was purchased after our marriage. If I decide to seek a divorce, how will the property be divided? Does the court favour any particular party in such cases or is it always an equal division?
3. Given the current situation, I am worried about the safety and well-being of my children. How can I ensure that they are protected during this process? Can I apply for their custody right away or does it have to wait till the divorce proceedings are over?
5. If I opt for arbitration or mediation, how long does it usually take for the process to complete? Is it a quicker resolution compared to traditional court proceedings?
6. Lastly, can you please guide me on how to initiate either arbitration or mediation? What are the required documents and steps involved in this process?